Essential oils are extracted from plants and have major benefits for the skin, mind, and body. Distilled through steam or water, essential oils have been shown to help you relax from the inhalation of the aromatic essence. With so many essential oils to work with, you can create the perfect combination to heal a variety of ailments.
If you’re new to essential oils, it can be difficult to know where to get started. We’ve put together a few of our favorite recipes to help you create a spa-like environment at home.
The Benefits of Essential OilsNo matter how you choose to enjoy essential oils, you’ll reap many benefits. By using essential oils you can improve both physical and physiological ailments, such as:
- Stress and anxiety – If you find yourself becoming stressed or anxious, essential oils can be an effective way to address your symptoms alongside traditional therapy. By calming the mind and easing the tension in the body you will feel the weight lift off your shoulders.
- Headaches and migraines – Suffering from migraines is no joke — they can leave you completely unable to function or go about your daily life. Applying the perfect blend of essential oils directly to your temples can alleviate your symptoms.
- Sleep and insomnia – When you don’t get enough sleep, it can negatively impact your entire day. Essential oils work to relax your body and mind and get you into a relaxed headspace before dozing off.
Needless to say, utilizing essential oils in your home is the perfect way to help set the mood or relieve stress, improve skin conditions, improve your immunity, and encourage healthy digestion. Whether you are planning an at-home spa day, doing some spring cleaning, or holding a neighborhood book club, there’s a perfect blend of essential oils for the occasion.
5 Essential Oil Recipes for a Spa-Like Atmosphere
The beauty of essential oils is that there are endless combinations to create wow-worthy aromas. Here are a few of our favorite essential oil recipes to create a spa-like atmosphere in your home:
Sometimes you need some help to buckle down and focus on the task at hand. To increase your alertness or boost your mood, try blending this combination of oils:
- 2 drops wild orange essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
When springtime rolls around, you might find yourself struggling to breathe through your nose. To maintain a healthy immune system and ensure you’re able to breathe freely, follow this recipe:
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
If you’re constantly on the go, you might need some help calming down every once in a while. When you’re high-energy and need some help relaxing, blend together:
- 1 drop bergamot essential oil
- 1 drop patchouli essential oil
- 1 drop ylang ylang essential oil
Maintaining your health should be of the utmost importance. If you find yourself suffering from quite a few colds, you might need a little boost to your immune system. Get this immunity boost by combining the following five essential oils:
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop clove essential oil
- 1 drop eucalyptus essential oil
- 1 drop cinnamon bark essential oil
- 1 drop wild orange essential oil
Perfect for when you plan to enjoy an at-home spa day, this blend of essential oils can help you feel less stressed — both emotionally and physically. Try blending together:
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops bergamot essential oil
Whether you plan to use essential oils in a diffuser, as a roll-on, or in a hot bath, you’ll receive countless benefits from the recipes we’ve listed above. Don’t be afraid to try your own combinations to heal your mind, body, and soul.